The Main Assembly Hall
The original hall was designed to accommodate about 550 boys. The stage (called "the platform" in 1936) was 13 feet deep and on the north side of the hall, immediately behind the front entrance. In front of the platform can be seen an upright piano, and a little less clear is the console of the organ, paid for by the Old Boys' Association. During the rebuilding programme in the 50s, the wall on the left was demolished and the hall was extended into the courtyard, together with a much bigger stage - standing in the same place today, the view would be across the back of the hall.
1936 - The Main Assembly Hall